OCL’s range of cold-lay asphalt surfacing materials use up to 94% recycled aggregates
Foamed bitumen products have been in use since the 1950s in Canada, Australia and South America.
Our cold-lay surfacing materials utilise 94% recycled aggregates bound with foamed bitumen and other hydraulic binders.We use foamed bitumen because it:
- Increases the overall strength and performance of construction materials
- Can be used with different types of aggregates
- Can be stored for long
- Reduces the cost of transportation
- Resistant to different weather conditions
- Does not affect the environment
- Improves durability as well as moisture susceptibility
Because of these characteristic of this binding agent – foamed bitumen, our asphalt surfacing materials last longer and perform well.
OCL Regeneration Ltd produces two core Foambase™ products and Emulsion based binders for semi-flexible road bases and base courses – the design and material content of these products may be adjusted to meet varying specification requirement.
Storage Grade Foambase™
- A material that remains granular and workable for up to 90 days. There is no wastage as material remains workable until compaction takes place, when an impermeable, semi-flexible, pavement is created.
- Approved as a general purpose base course material suitable for haunching, footpaths, car parks and lightly trafficked roads.
Structural Grade Foambase™
- A material which must be laid within 6-8 hours of manufacture as the active ingredient is Ordinary Portland Cement, which gives a more rapid set in addition to structural strength
- Accepted as a DBM50 equivalent material which has been successfully applied on motorways, trunk roads, airfields and heavy industrial applications.
Emulsion base binders and surface courses
- Emulsions are now able to use recycled aggregates. All emulsion products use an emulsified bitumen that coats all aggregates in the mix.
- Emulsions are approved by HAUC/HAPAS for use in light applications and reinstatement work.